1. According to Sally Satel from the American Enterprise Institute, speculation and misrepresentation of the facts of e-cigarettes threaten to dash the promise of a public health revolution.
2. Allow Daniel Hannan MEP to introduce you to the ‘Davos Man’, the well-dressed bureaucrat who doesn’t answer to anybody, and can concentrate on making themselves comfortable.
3. Professor James Allan has a message for Australians in Quadrant this week: be prepared for unjustified cries of ‘tyranny of the majority‘ when Constitutional recognition is rejected in a referendum.
4. According to this argument from Thomas West at the Heritage Foundation, the Founders of the United States had a model of welfare that actually reduced poverty.
5. Politics and science do not mix well. Over at The Federalist, Robert Tracinski’s has put together a list of 5 examples where environmentalists have got things completely wrong.