1. Victoria Police failing to respond to obvious instances of union corruption is deeply disturbing, as Paul Sheehan explains in the Canberra Times this week.
2. Senator Rand Paul, running for the Republican party presidential nomination, wrote about his awesome proposal to completely abolish the existing tax code, at the Wall Street Journal ($).
3. The important, “unfashionable” principles of Magna Carta need to be re-learned. Mark Steyn has a great post at his blog here.
4. Over at Breitbart London, James Delingpole breaks down the recent encyclical on climate change from Pope Francis.
5. So-called “sin taxes” only make the poor poorer, as Rob Lyons covered here at Spiked.